Rising Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rising Force

Ally Forums

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

is a buffer good at OLY???

Go down 
+2
[RG]Milky
mist
6 posters

is a prophet good at OLY
Yes
is a buffer good at OLY??? Vote_lcap92%is a buffer good at OLY??? Vote_rcap
 92% [ 11 ]
No
is a buffer good at OLY??? Vote_lcap8%is a buffer good at OLY??? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
mist
C-Grade
C-Grade

is a buffer good at OLY??? Empty
PostSubject: is a buffer good at OLY???   is a buffer good at OLY??? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 3:24 pm

i think that a prophet would be good because u can bassicly have full buffs at all times making u have uber skillz
Back to top Go down
[RG]Milky
Admin
[RG]Milky

PostSubject: Re: is a buffer good at OLY???   is a buffer good at OLY??? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 5:53 pm

Good idea, only thing is that you have no fighting skills. Best possible chance to win would be to root melee and shoot em with a bow, against ranged, root them and run up with either a dagger or a dual sword... but those are your best chances to win
Back to top Go down
Vali
Leader
Vali

PostSubject: Re: is a buffer good at OLY???   is a buffer good at OLY??? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 7:32 pm

i have been told a prophet rapes in oly due to the fact that you have self buffs and bring a strider and buff it up
Back to top Go down
Krumm
C-Grade
C-Grade

PostSubject: Re: is a buffer good at OLY???   is a buffer good at OLY??? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 10:28 pm

cant bring pets but they put on hevey and use a dagger
Back to top Go down
Vali
Leader
Vali

PostSubject: Re: is a buffer good at OLY???   is a buffer good at OLY??? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 10:33 pm

Krumm wrote:
cant bring pets
its been done and i believe i have confirmation from a former gm that it is allowed
Back to top Go down
[RG]Kinesik
D-Grade
D-Grade

PostSubject: Re: is a buffer good at OLY???   is a buffer good at OLY??? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 3:40 am

I had to go with a yes for this.... prophets are bad ass in oly! Getting pretty much full buffs and all 3 armor masteries makes up for the fighting skills. BUT, you still have to know how to fight other classes by deciding which skills or armor to use.

When I first started using a prophet in olympiad this month, not only had I heard they owned, but I had seen them own all other classes in the oly fights in retail. I figured that it would be an easy class to farm points with, but, I was already unable to compete after my first 7 fights witha 2-5 record. I owned a summoner and shillien saint, came close to beating a hell knight and pally, but I got slaughtered by tyrants and glads.

So 2 weeks later (today) I had a few more points regen, so I could finally compete once again. This time i changed up my style when I went against a tyrant, and beat him while having 1k hp left. Sadly i only took 2 points from him since i barely had any. As I fought another tyrant later on, I realized the only downfall of playing a prophet in oly.... the time limit in oly blows. I had mana drained the orc several times, landed block windwalk/shield, and had him to just under half hp when he began to run away from me.... I pulled my bow out, and after shooting twice, we both go purple and he wins. The same has happens when I go up against tanks. In the time I spend mana draining and healing (or being stunned), i'm getting dealt damage and even though I don't die, I still lose because time runs out and they have done more damage.

Anyhow, thats my experience playing a prophet in oly. Since this was my first month ever playing in the oly, im still a noob in the olympiad fighting, but I am sure that with practice the time deficit could be overcome.

p.s: from what I have heard/seen/read, only summons can be brought into the olympiad but pets cant.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
C-Grade
C-Grade
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: is a buffer good at OLY???   is a buffer good at OLY??? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 8:56 pm

As far as the strider thing, seems its not possible to do it in the current system. However, I do remember seeing striders when they did the Hero Event before the wipe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bprm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is a buffer good at OLY???   is a buffer good at OLY??? Empty

Back to top Go down

is a buffer good at OLY???
Page 1 of 1