Rising Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rising Force

Ally Forums

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Discussion of Sieges]

Go down 
+13
DCup
SwampMeat
[SP]Lombardi
RasAlGul
[RG]Borax
[RG]SirMumra
[SP]Triphect
Zoddy
[SP]Harkin
Fatalic
Vali
[RG]LordSinister
[RG]Milky
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
[SP]Lombardi
Admin
[SP]Lombardi

[Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion of Sieges]   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 4:03 pm

Funny how ST has to cheat to take over us.
Back to top Go down
[RG]Milky
Admin
[RG]Milky

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion of Sieges]   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 6:35 pm

Zoddy wrote:
Well point is that we make initial trap for them with gates opened.
Than we can close the gates or close them when bigger part of ally is buffing in giran duo to numerous reasons.
Only thing why i placed only 3 tanks is cause i dont know specific size of our "army".
So i had to work with as little as possible.
Also if you watched closely to legend of tactic i said Tanks not Tank ... which means more than one...
Again i would be more specific in my tactics if i knew what i got to work with...

And if we are going to send party for their flags, i propose that we send them via end exit (hole in the wall), that way, there is less chance of them being seen and practically we will out flank ST and get their flags ...

YOU CAN NOT OPEN OR CLOSE GATES WHEN SIEGE IS IN PROGRESS.

Understand now? =D
Back to top Go down
SwampMeat
D-Grade
D-Grade

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion of Sieges]   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 7:31 pm

I definitely think sieges need to be posted in a siege category every time one is happening.
Back to top Go down
[RG]Milky
Admin
[RG]Milky

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion of Sieges]   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 2:07 am

SwampMeat wrote:
I definitely think sieges need to be posted in a siege category every time one is happening.

Agreed, and will be done so.
Back to top Go down
DCup
C-Grade
C-Grade

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion of Sieges]   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 2:09 am

We don't have Aden right? So shouldn't we discuss more about attack than defense.
To defend Aden, it's all about the balcony. If you use it effectively, u can defend it with much less ppl.
Let's think of a way to atk effectively with much less ppl.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~mwk24/ProjectGenerations
[RG]SirMumra
Admin
[RG]SirMumra

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion of Sieges]   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 4:48 am

in the works
Back to top Go down
https://legions.forumotion.net
[RG]Milky
Admin
[RG]Milky

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion of Sieges]   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 5:55 pm

(RG)SirMumra wrote:
in the works

I can't think of a way to post Siege Discussion topic without flooding the sticky/announcements =/
Back to top Go down
[RG]SirMumra
Admin
[RG]SirMumra

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion of Sieges]   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 4:15 pm

we siege every 2 weeks at the same time and places not that hard. sieges will never end. so be ready.
Back to top Go down
https://legions.forumotion.net
[SP]Lianor
D-Grade
D-Grade

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion of Sieges]   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 6:55 am

We need to have assigned party leaders way ahead of sieges. Different party channels in vent and have the leaders somehow also in a sort of party leader channel.
I.e:
Vent lobby
-Siege channel
-- Castle
--- Party leaders
----Archer party
-----Mage party
etc. etc.
Also, what I had in mind with this kind of setup is similar to what TeamSpeak offers where you can have "down-speak" to the other subchannels from i.e the party leader channel.
With this setup, party leaders can communicate properly and control the battle in a much more efficient way.
Lets face the fact, party members doesn't have to be able to speak, most of the time at least. The party channel should be muted so that they can only hear the orders given from the leader. Why this? It's all about trust. When you are a party member, you have to be able to trust your leader and follow orders, even if it kills you and the whole party. Heal issues that could arise with this? None. People should not have to yell for heals. It's up to the bishops to be fully focused and do their job.
This does put more pressure on the leader though but in the long run, it's VERY efficient.

Also, due to crit errors lots of members disconnect and i think we need to get better at reinviting so if the party drops anyone, the leader should have macros on reinviting people that way they wont waste time in writing.

One more thing is to try to get the archers to have auto target macros on enemy healers to take them out fast.

These are just a couple of ideas, that i discussed with Hewran and problably you leaders already thought of, its only yesterday was the first time i sieged with Legions and i had a blast, but my first impulse was that it was a bit unorganised.

*Btw lol i am terribly sorry Hell...*
Back to top Go down
Ignoth
D-Grade
D-Grade
Ignoth

PostSubject: Guess this explains a lot...   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 2:18 pm

<@Nilivian> i saw that legionsreborn totally kicked some defensive asses in the giran siege
<@Nilivian> that was impressive
* imeilik (~Rev2.3c@daIRC-AE4F4926.internetdsl.tpnet.pl) has joined #l2revenge
<@Nilivian> lastresort had like 30 people while st had like 15
<@Nilivian> then u guys kept on screaming
<Mizue> Nili you see the Rune siege
* killua (~Rev2.3d@CAF59E99.E294D8EF.4134527A.IP) Quit (Ping timeout)
<@Nilivian> WALL SHOOTING WALL SHOOTING
<LJ1> 5 partys and the 28 other clans couldnt get it
<@Nilivian> so i just ah fuck it and logged out

Nice gm we have... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
[SP]SpinnaZ
D-Grade
D-Grade
[SP]SpinnaZ

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion of Sieges]   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 9:18 pm

Yea yesterday and the day before's sieges were horrid. We can do MUCH better.

First off, Lianor has exactly what I was going to propose. Our vent layout is crap, there's no sugar coating it. True, we can't have everyone speaking at one time, but at the same time you can't sacrifice the ability for the entire ally to effectively communicate.

Editing to his idea, we should have individual channels for every party and party member. Perhaps, create 15+ general siege party channels. Upon finding a party, the player should move to the appropriate channel with his/her party members.

At the same time, a selected user (read admin/leader) will have binds to speak to all of vent when a button is pressed. (say, use a keystroke like num. 8 or something, far away from regular chat.)

I ask all of this because it took forever for everyone to get organized during all of the sieges. Ally chat was filled with usefull infomation that was drowned out by party requests and general confusion because nobody could talk to eachother in vent.

The problem that happened with our sieges was that only a selected few could talk on vent, vital information about enemy positions was lost in silence.

oh and another thing, MORE FORUM POSTS ON THESE FORUMS. AT LEAST 20 PEOPLE DURING EACH SIEGE WERE CLUELESS THAT WE HAD A SIEGE IN THE FIRST PLACE. SPREAD THE BLOODY WORD.

And finally, mumra, get better. we need your re-assuring voice spouting orders.
Back to top Go down
[SP]Triphect
C-Grade
C-Grade
[SP]Triphect

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion of Sieges]   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 2:07 am

Quote :
And finally, mumra, get better. we need your re-assuring voice spouting orders.

Couldn't have said it any better. Cheers Spinnaz!!

Mumra, your guidance is phenomenal bro and peoples ears perk up when you talk so feel better man!!
Back to top Go down
DCup
C-Grade
C-Grade

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion of Sieges]   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 1:11 pm

SpinnaZ wrote:

I ask all of this because it took forever for everyone to get organized during all of the sieges. Ally chat was filled with usefull infomation that was drowned out by party requests and general confusion because nobody could talk to eachother in vent.

The problem that happened with our sieges was that only a selected few could talk on vent, vital information about enemy positions was lost in silence.

/totally agree on this
Back to top Go down
http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~mwk24/ProjectGenerations
[SP]Lianor
D-Grade
D-Grade

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion of Sieges]   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 6:22 am

Great work yesterday, wanna give heads up to Harkin for leading siege, everyone who took the time to set up and coordinating the vent channels (was that milky?) and especially thanks to Xymos for a great party leading and awsome targeting.....and off course to everyone else participating cheers

i dont know if i am gonna be able to be on for tonights siege, my girlfriend keeps on nagging me bout some quality time.... i am trying to tell her i am having top quality time with my pc ... but she just wont listen Razz
Back to top Go down
[SP]Bourne
D-Grade
D-Grade

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion of Sieges]   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 3:44 pm

RG Lianor wrote:

i dont know if i am gonna be able to be on for tonights siege, my girlfriend keeps on nagging me bout some quality time.... i am trying to tell her i am having top quality time with my pc ... but she just wont listen Razz

Buy her a dildo and a cute lil puppy and you're all set Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion of Sieges]   [Discussion of Sieges] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion of Sieges]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2